Back to School - Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I contact Dianella Secondary College?
You can contact Dianella Secondary College by:
- Calling us on (08) 9345 9200
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messaging our Facebook page – just search “Dianella Secondary College”
- Completing the “Contact Us” form
- Visiting us at 180 Nollamara Ave, Dianella, 6059.
2. When do students return to school?
Students return to school on Wednesday 31 of January 2018.
3. What time does the school day start?
On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, the school day starts at 8:45 am and finishes at 3:06 pm.
On Thursday, the school day starts at 9:08 am and finishes at 2:30 pm.
• Please note these times are different from 2017
4. When does the Front Office open?
The Front Office will reopen on Wednesday 24 January 2017 from 8 am – 4 pm. Our friendly office staff will be available to take new enrolments, Contribution and Charges payments, Secondary Assistance Scheme Applications and answer any school-related queries you may have.
• Please note the Front Office will be closed on Friday 26 January due to the Australia Day Public Holiday
5. How can I enrol my child at Dianella Secondary College?
Dianella Secondary College is taking enrolments, Years 7-12, for 2018. Please visit our Front Office from Wednesday 24 January between 8 am and 4 pm to complete enrolment applications. Click here for a list of documents that you need to provide for enrolment.
6. When is the Uniform Shop open?
During the school term, the Uniform Shop is open every Tuesday from 8:30 am – 10 am.
It will also be open for some “Back to School” Additional Hours on:
Wednesday 24 January 1 pm – 3 pm
Tuesday 30 January 8 am – 4:30 pm
7. How much do uniforms cost?
Uniform items vary in price. Click here for the price list and instructions for online ordering.
8. Can I claim Financial Assistance for school expenses in 2018?
If you have a Healthcare, Pension or Veterans Affairs Card you may be eligible for up to $350 for Contributions and Charges or Uniforms through the Secondary Assistance Scheme. Please contact the school to apply before the 13th April 2018. For more information, please refer to the 2018 Parent Handbook
9. If my child is new on the first day of school, where do they go?
If your child is starting Year 7 in 2018, please bring them to the Lily Café from 8:30 am for a Year 7 Parent Welcome Morning. We will be holding a short information session which will allow you to meet some key points of contact at Dianella Secondary College and allow us to answer any queries you may have about your child’s learning.
If your child is starting Year 8 -12 in 2018 at Dianella Secondary College, they will need to visit the Front Office on the first day of school to meet one of our Deputy Principals.
10. What do I do if my child is going to be late to or absent from school?
If your child is going to be late or absent from school, you must notify the school before 9:15 am. This can be done in the following ways:
• Calling the school
• If your child is absent from class, you will receive an SMS message notifying you from the number “0407429136”. You can SMS this number to confirm their absence. Please read the 2018 Parent Handbook for more information about our SMS service.
• Emailing the school
• Completing the late/absentee form on the Dianella Secondary College Skoolbag app. This can be downloaded from the App or Google Play stores. Just search “Dianella Secondary College”.